BOARD OF TRUSTEES Free Public Library of Berkeley Heights Ignores OPMA
It seems that the transparency issue is widespread, not only
with the Town Council itself but also with Board OF Trustees
for the BH Library.
Recording public meetings is a right afforded to us by NJ Common Law. However, the Berkeley Heights Library Board of Trustees do not think this applies to them.
I attempted to document and educate the public by broadcasting our towns committees. However, they adjourned the meeting rather than allowing it to be recorded.
What is there to hide?
Well coincidentally they were meeting that day to do "contract negotiations" regarding the Little Flower Church property. This was not on the agenda and people dont usually go to these meetings. They started the meeting by closing the door and going into "Executive Session". After the executive session meeting they asked for me to stop recording, when I did not, they adjourned the meeting.
- Foregger and Leo for Berkeley Heights Town Council
- Jeanne Kingsley, Marc Faecher and the Rest of the Council Decide that 2% Cost of Living Adjustment is Not Enough
- Berkeley Heights Uses Legal Suppression to Deprive Public of Its Rightful Referendum Say on Debt and Costly Non-Essential Spending.
- Mayor Robert Woodruff of Berkeley Heights Caught in Yet Another Lie
- Union County Prosecutor's Office told the Berkeley Heights Library Board of Trustees that it violated the Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA)